What I discovered through journalling each morning
Recently I’ve started journaling in the morning. Here is my process and what I’ve discovered.
Having a morning routine is really important and transcribes into the rest of your day. Taking time for yourself in the morning can play a huge role in ensuring you feel grounded and balanced going forward. Even waking up 5 minutes earlier to spend time on yourself can make a huge difference.
Journaling is something that I have seen and read about on other peoples pages but I’d never tried it out until a few weeks ago. I’ve made the conscious effort to not go on my phone first thing in the morning and to do this practice and I’m loving the results.
*Mini journaling practice*
- Wake up 5 minutes earlier than what you normally would to give yourself time.
- Light palo santo,incense or use a spray to clear the energy around yourself. At night we process a lot of emotions and energy in our dreams so to clear this away each morning is like having a blank piece of paper in front of you.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Take your journal and pen and start writing down what comes to your mind. I like to start with gratitude, write down what you are grateful for and why.
- You can ask your guides what you need to know and start writing. You’ll be amazed at what the pen starts jotting down!
- Anything that is bothering you just write it out. Ask for the outcome you would like to receive. Looking back to past pages you may just see that these outcomes came true.
*What I’ve discovered*
By doing this each morning I feel that I have achieved something for myself. I feel that by putting my thoughts onto paper I have put my hopes and wishes out to the Universe and I really believe that by doing this then I have set something in motion for them to come true.
Journaling is like talking to a friend and by spilling your heart out it helps with any fears or worries. You’ve told someone (even if it is yourself) and it always feels better to emotions out. You may also realise that things are not as bad as you thought they were once you unwrap it all.
If you are interested give it a try - we have some beautiful journals on our site that will be perfect for your daily practice.