Oil Cleansing tips for glowing skin
Are you struggling with dull or troublesome skin? If yes, then you are at the right place. Because we are going to share some tips with you on oil cleansing which will definitely help you achieve glowing skin.
How it works:
Oil cleansing might sound a bit counterintuitive, because won’t using oil leave my skin oily? By using natural oils to cleanse the natural oil dissolves the oil on our skin helping to eliminate excess and unwanted oil from our skin while lifting dirt and impurities from the pores. This helps with keeping the skin balanced, happy and can improve the appearance of black heads, dry skin and even acne to leave your skin glowing.
Choose the right Oil:
You can’t just use any old oil for oil cleansing because they aren’t all made equal. If you have breakout prone skin, the last thing you want to do is put an oil on your skin that is going to clog your pores.
Here are a few oils that we suggest that your skin will love:
Non pore clogging oils:
Hemp Seed Oil
Low risk of clogging pores:
Rose Hip Oil
Moderately Low risk of clogging pores:
Oils to avoid that are very likely to clog your pores:
Use a combination of oils that don’t block the pores:
Try to use a combination of low comedogenic oils ( oils that don’t block your pores) to cleanse the skin. Our favourite is the Astral Elixir Facial oil that combines non comedogenic + low comedogenic oils with nurturing oils and essential oils that have natural antiseptic, soothing and toning properties to leave your skin glowing.
Our Treatment + Oil Cleansing Method:
Once you have your oil it’s time to purify those pores to help get that glowing skin. Here’s what’s worked for us:
- Apply a lot of oil all over your face, it should be slick and shiny.
- Give your face a massage, focus on problem skin areas.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes. Continue to give your face a massage
- Using a face cloth, run under hot water and wring excess water out. Do not make it so hot that it will burn your skin.
- Place the face cloth on your face and hold until it is no longer warm.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the oil has gone, this allows pores to open and release.
- Repeat at least a couple times a week (for best results 3 to 4 times a week)
If you don’t already try using your facial oil as a natural make-up remover, It will easily dissolve the makeup without all the nasties.
Oil cleansing is great to help with glowing skin, not all oils are made equal so make sure to choose the right oil or combination of oils, treat your skin regularly oil cleanse that face.