Most people love a facial massage not only for it’s benefits for healthy glowing skin but because it feels sooo good and relaxing. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits, how you can easily do it yourself and add it into your self love skin care ritual.
Benefits of facial massage:
The primary benefit of a face massage is the improvement of circulation to the face. By massaging the face it stimulates the lymphatic system to drain and remove toxins from the skin while promoting blood flow to the face increasing the nutrients delivered to the skin.
Other ways it benefits your skin:
- Reduces water retention in the face, especially around the eyes, cheeks and in the neck.
- Prevents acne
- Fades scars
- Leaves your skin feeling fresh, healthy and glowing
- Super relaxing
Face massages are absolutely an act of self love and super relaxing too! Which helps with reducing your stress and improving your vitality and energy.
How to give yourself a facial massage:
Now you can make your facial massage as simple or complex as you want. We are sharing with you our simple DIY facial massage you can do at home - all you need is 5 to 15 minutes.
Step 1) Hydration:
Hydration is super important anyway but especially before a facial massage. your body will be removing extra toxins so stay hydrated so you can get rid of toxins.
Step 2) Preparation:
Remove make-up and make sure to have clean hands.
Using a Facial oil (or whatever you skin prefers most) coat your hands. This is to help give it that slip when giving the massage.
Avoid using anything that will clog your pores such as coconut oil, instead try using a combination of non-comedogenic oils and essential oils that your skin loves such as the Astral Elixir Facial Oil.
Step 4) The warm up
Using loving gentle pressure warm up your face, relaxing the muscles and preparing the face to be massaged.
- Tap fingers all over face moving up and down your face.
- Upwards strokes - Place your hands starting at the jaw and stroke them in an upwards direction towards your forehead. Really trying to cover your entire cheek area and massaging upwards.
- One sided upward stroke - Bring your hand upwards like above, but one had at a time. Bring your had across your forehead at the top of the stroke.
Step 5) Go a little deeper
Using gentle-to-medium pressure:
- Circular Motions - Using your fingers create circular movements Up and outwards, massage all over face and really targeting the muscles especially in the jaw and forehead where we tend to hold a lot of tensions. So it’s good to for relaxing the muscles and improving blood flow.
- Chin to neck stroke -This really helps drain lymphatics. Do one side at a time. Stroke from your chin to your jawline, then down your neck
Step 6) The warm down
Place a towel under hot water and then place wet towel on face and let the pores open up for about 30 seconds to a minute, then gently wipe up excess oil.
By adding a facial massage once to a couple times a week to your skincare ritual it will help you have healthier glowing skin.