How to use and care for your Konjac Sponge
Use and Care of Your Konjac Sponge
Konjac Sponges are all natural so can be a bit delicate, but with the right use and care they can last a long time.
- Soak the konjac sponge in warm water until fully softened and expanded.
- If wearing make-up, remove first before using your konjac sponge. Here's a tip - Facial oils make for a great natural make-up remover.
- Gently massage the face in a circular motion starting from the neck and moving up. Avoid harsh rubbing around areas with acne, broken skin and eyes.
The konjac sponge prefers to be used without cleanser or soap as it is its own natural cleanser. But try it with one if that's what your skin prefers!
After use, rinse the sponge in clean water, press gently to drain any excess water. Never leave the sponge in the shower or in a pool of water for long periods of time ...it can get a bit nasty if you do.
- The sponge is 100% natural and delicate, avoid twisting, stretching or pressing the sponge too hard. Hang the sponge in a well ventilated area to dry. Avoid exposing the konjac sponge to sunlight or humid places.
- The konjac sponge is preservative free so replace the sponge every 6 to 10 weeks for the best results.
We recommend trying Astral's konjac sponge the Zen Facial Sponge. Infused with activated charcoal it helps to mop up excess oil without stripping your skin, very gently exfoliates the skin and helps the appearance of pores and blackheads. Great for all skin types too.